Enjoy the snow, and give snowshoes a try. Did you know Cove Point Lodge has snowshoes to use for FREE? What a great way to make winter memories! Depending on how long you walk and the terrain you choose, snowshoeing can provide a good aerobic workout, often more strenuous than walking. Stop by the front desk to pick up a pair of snowshoes and explore right outside the front or back door!
- Warm-up your muscles. Stretch and move a little before you strap in and go!
- Drink Fluids. Bring a water bottle in a backpack, and keep hydrated.
- Do you ski? Consider using your ski poles to help you balance.
- Dress in Layers. You may want to take off an outer layer once you warm up.
- Walk as you normally would with a more purposeful step. This ensures that you will have a good grip in slippery, snowy conditions or icy terrain and can easily adapt to unseen obstacles underfoot.You might feel a little awkward at first, but once you get into your groove, it will start to feel more natural.