We will continue to monitor and respond to any advisories regarding COVID-19 from the CDC, WHO, MDH as well as healthcare and regulatory organizations. We will continue to make changes as necessary to our protocols and procedures as needed.
Employee Safety & Health
- Covid-19 Training– All employees will receive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols with more comprehensive training for our teams with frequent guest contact including Housekeeping, Food and Beverage, Hotel Operations.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)– Appropriate PPE will be worn by all employees based on their role and responsibilities, and in adherence with state or local regulations and guidance. Training on how to properly use and dispose of all PPE will be mandatory.
- Hand Washing– All employees have been instructed they must wash their hands every 60 minutes (for 20-seconds) and after any of the following activities: Using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, blowing the nose, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, smoking, eating, drinking, going on break and before or after starting a shift.
Guest Safety & Health
- Group Events– We are not currently booking weddings, receptions, or any group catered food events for the future.
- Housekeeping Service – To best protect both our guests and employees, lodge stayover cleaning service will not be available. A place will be provided for guests to dispose of their trash and deposit any unwanted linens in each of our hallways. Additional linens, towels, and room supplies like coffee, toiletries, and cups will be provided upon request.
- Hand Sanitizer – Hand Sanitizer stations are located throughout the lodge and in our Crossings Restaurant.
- Laundry– Bed linen and towels will continue to be washed at high temperatures and in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Front Desk– Staff will regularly sanitize and disinfect all countertops, phones, key cards, pens, and credit card devices after use. Social distancing markers will be placed on floors for guest check-in lines when possible. A safety barrier has been installed at the front desk for additional safety of both our guests and staff.
- The Lodge Dining Room, Breakfast, and The Crossings Restaurant – Please visit our dining page for more details and up-to-date information. https://www.covepointlodge.com/dining/
- Pool, Hot Tub, & Sauna– Our lodge pool, hot tub, and sauna are open for guest use.
- Mickey’s Fish House and Lodge Campfire – Mickey’s Fish House and our campfire are available for guest use. We are not able to accommodate any group events in the Fish House.
- Windsong – The Windsong sauna is available for guests staying at Windsong. The Windsong pool is currently closed for the season, and will reopen prior to the summer season. The Windsong firepit area is currently closed to all guests. These spaces and their use are governed by the Windsong HOA.