We are closely monitoring advisories and updates regarding COVID-19 from the CDC, WHO, MDH as well as healthcare and regulatory organizations. We will continue to make changes as necessary to our protocols and procedures.
Employee Safety & Health
- Covid-19 Training– All employees will receive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols with more comprehensive training for our teams with frequent guest contact including Housekeeping, Food and Beverage, Hotel Operations.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)– Appropriate PPE will be worn by all employees based on their role and responsibilities, and in adherence with state or local regulations and guidance. Training on how to properly use and dispose of all PPE will be mandatory.
- Hand Washing– All employees have been instructed they must wash their hands every 60 minutes (for 20-seconds) and after any of the following activities: Using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, blowing the nose, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, smoking, eating, drinking, going on break and before or after starting a shift.
Guest Safety & Health
- Hand Sanitizer– Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at lodge front door, the front desk, the entrance to the lodge dining room, near all elevator doors, and at The Crossings Restaurant.
- Guest Rooms– Along with our normal cleaning protocols, housekeeping staff will disinfect each room’s water faucet handles, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, key readers and other high-touch items including television remote controls, nightstands, doors, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, luggage racks, railings and flooring. Items that are not easily wiped down and sanitized have been removed from guest rooms.
- Housekeeping Service– To best protect both our guests and employees, lodge stayover service will not be available. A place will be provided for guests to dispose of their trash and deposit any unwanted linens in each of our hallways. Additional linens, towels, and room supplies like coffee, toiletries, and cups will be provided upon request.
- Laundry– Bed linen and towels will continue to be washed at high temperature and in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Public Spaces– Staff will disinfect all surfaces every two hours, or as occupancy dictates. This includes bell carts, countertops or check-in stations, handrails, door handles, elevator buttons, public bathrooms, key cards, locks, vending machines, and other hard surfaces.
- Front Desk– Staff will regularly sanitize and disinfect all countertops, phones, key cards, pens, and credit card devices after use. Social distancing markers will be placed on floors for guest check in lines when possible. A safety barrier has been installed at the front desk for additional safety of both our guests and staff.
- The Lodge Dining Room and The Crossings Restaurant– Staff is required to wear appropriate PPE, as required by state guidelines. Please visit our dining page for more details and up to date information. https://www.covepointlodge.com/dining/
- Pool, Hot Tub, & Sauna– Our lodge pool, hot tub, and sauna are open for guest use.
- Mickey’s Fish House – Mickey’s Fish House is currently available for guests.
- Bike Rentals and Snowshoes– Along with our normal cleaning protocols, all surfaces will be disinfected after each use.
- Meetings & Events– We are currently not booking any weddings or catered group functions due to the current restrictions. Seating capacities and floor plans to be reviewed on an event by event basis to ensure appropriate physical distancing. Along with our normal cleaning protocols, all conference room doors, tables, chairs, light switches and equipment will be disinfected after each group use.
Guideline / Training / Etiquette Links
- Respiratory etiquette: Cover your cough or sneeze
- Social Distancing
- Employees exhibiting signs and symptoms of COVID-19