We are closely monitoring advisories and updates regarding COVID-19 from the CDC, WHO, MDH as well as healthcare and regulatory organizations. We will continue to make changes as necessary to our protocols and procedures.
Employee Safety & Health
- Covid-19 Training– All employees will receive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols with more comprehensive training for our teams with frequent guest contact including Housekeeping, Food and Beverage, Hotel Operations.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)– Appropriate PPE will be worn by all employees based on their role and responsibilities, and in adherence with state or local regulations and guidance. Training on how to properly use and dispose of all PPE will be mandatory.
- Hand Washing– All employees have been instructed they must wash their hands every 60 minutes (for 20-seconds) and after any of the following activities: Using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, blowing the nose, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, smoking, eating, drinking, going on break and before or after starting a shift.
Guest Safety & Health
- Physical Distancing– Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them while standing in lines, using the elevator or moving around the property. All resort departments will comply with, or exceed, local or state mandated occupancy limits. No more than 4 people in an elevator at once.
- Hand Sanitizer– Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at lodge front door, the front desk, the entrance to the lodge dining room, near all elevator doors, and at The Crossings Restaurant.
- Guest Rooms– Along with our normal cleaning protocols, housekeeping staff will disinfect each room’s water faucet handles, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, key readers and other high-touch items including television remote controls, nightstands, doors, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, luggage racks, railings and flooring. Items that are not easily wiped down and sanitized have been removed from guest rooms.
- Stayover Service– To best protect both our guests and employees, lodge stayover service will not be available. A place will be provided for guests to dispose of their trash and deposit any unwanted linens in each of our hallways. Additional linens, towels, and room supplies like coffee, toiletries, and cups will be provided upon request.
- Laundry– Bed linen and towels will continue to be washed at high temperature and in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Public Spaces– Staff will disinfect all surfaces every two hours, or as occupancy dictates. This includes bell carts, countertops or check-in stations, handrails, door handles, elevator buttons, public bathrooms, key cards, locks, vending machines, and other hard surfaces.
- Front Desk– Staff will regularly sanitize and disinfect all countertops, phones, key cards, pens, and credit card devices after use. Social distancing markers will be placed on floors for guest check in lines when possible. A safety barrier has been installed at the front desk for additional safety of both our guests and staff.
- The Lodge Dining Room and The Crossings Restaurant– Staff is required to wear appropriate PPE, as required by state guidelines. Please visit our dining page for more details and up to date information. https://www.covepointlodge.com/dining/
- Continental Breakfast– Guests will order breakfast in advance and pick it up from the dining room. All staff will be required to wear PPE.
- Pool, Hot Tub, & Sauna– Our pool area is currently open at 25% capacity. 7 people are permitted at once. Social distancing rules between households must be followed. Guests may reserve time in pool area at the front desk. The sauna is not available, and will remain closed until restrictions are lifted.
- Mickey’s Fish House – Mickey’s Fish House is currently available for guests. We ask that guests practice Social Distancing protocols as required by the state of Minnesota for outdoor spaces. Group gatherings of any kind are not permitted.
- Bike Rentals and Snowshoes– Along with our normal cleaning protocols, all surfaces will be disinfected after each use.
- Meetings & Events– We are currently not booking any weddings that occur before November 1st, 2021, due to current restrictions and a full calendar for the rest of the year. Seating capacities and floor plans to be reviewed on an event by event basis to ensure appropriate physical distancing. Along with our normal cleaning protocols, all conference room doors, tables, chairs, light switches and equipment will be disinfected after each group use.
Guideline / Training / Etiquette Links
- Respiratory etiquette: Cover your cough or sneeze
- Social Distancing
- Employees exhibiting signs and symptoms of COVID-19