We are closely monitoring advisories and updates regarding COVID-19 from the CDC, WHO, MDH as well as healthcare and regulatory organizations. We will continue to make changes as necessary to our protocols and procedures.
Employee Safety & Health
- Covid-19 Training – All employees will receive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols with more comprehensive training for our teams with frequent guest contact including Housekeeping, Food and Beverage, Hotel Operations.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – Appropriate PPE will be worn by all employees based on their role and responsibilities, and in adherence with state or local regulations and guidance. Training on how to properly use and dispose of all PPE will be mandatory. Every employee entering the resort will be provided a mask and required to wear that mask in any situation that they are in close contact (within 6 feet) of another person. Gloves will be provided to employees whose responsibilities require them as determined by medical experts including housekeeping and public area attendants.
- Hand Washing – All employees have been instructed they must wash their hands every 60 minutes (for 20-seconds) and after any of the following activities: Using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, blowing the nose, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, smoking, eating, drinking, going on break and before or after starting a shift.
Guest Safety & Health
- Physical Distancing – Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them while standing in lines, using elevators or moving around the property. All resort departments will comply with, or exceed, local or state mandated occupancy limits. No more than 4 people in an elevator at once.
- Hand Sanitizer – Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at the front desk, the entrance to the lodge dining room, on the first floor near the elevator, and at The Crossings Restaurant.
- Guest Rooms – Along with our normal cleaning protocols, housekeeping staff will disinfect each room’s water faucet handles, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, key readers and other high-touch items including television remote controls, nightstands, doors, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, luggage racks, railings and flooring. Items that are not easily wiped down and sanitized have been removed from guest rooms.
- Stayover Service – To best protect both our guests and employees, stayover service will not be available. Guests will receive a daily linen and supply bag, and a place in each hallway will be provided for guests to dispose of their trash, and deposit any unwanted linens.
- Laundry – When cleaning checkouts, dirty linen will be bagged in the guest room to eliminate excess contact while being transported to the laundry facility. All bed linen and laundry will continue to be washed at high temperature and in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Public Spaces – Staff will disinfect all surfaces every two hours, or as occupancy dictates. This includes bell carts, countertops or check-in stations, hand rails, door handles, elevator buttons, public bathrooms, key cards, locks, vending machines, and other hard surfaces. Our Business Center Computer will be sanitized after each guest use.
- Front Desk – Staff will regularly sanitize and disinfect all countertops, phones, key cards, pens and credit card devices after use. Social distancing markers will be placed on floors for guest check in lines. A safety barrier has been ordered and will be installed at the front desk for additional safety of both our guests and staff.
- The Lodge Dining Room – When the restaurant and bar reopen, all staff will be required to wear PPE. Reservations will be required for any dining. Room delivery and curbside pick-up will be available. The restaurant, bar and lobby areas will reduce seating capacities to allow for social distance dining. Bar stools will be reduced to provide appropriate physical distancing. Along with our normal cleaning protocols, all dining tables, bar tops, chairs, menus, check presenters, pens, ect. will be sanitized after each use. Condiments will be served in a single use container. All food preparation stations, server stations, host podiums, handrails and trays will be sanitized every hour. Kitchen will be deep cleaned daily.
- The Crossings Restaurant – All Staff will be required to wear PPE. Tables have been removed to adhere to social distancing guidelines. When the Crossings reopens for public seating, capacity will be limited in order to adhere to state and local guidelines.
- Continental Breakfast – Guests will order breakfast in advance and pick it up from the dining room at a designated time. All staff will be required to wear PPE.
- Pool, Hot Tub, & Sauna – Pending guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health.
- Mickey’s Fish House & Campfire Area – Along with our normal cleaning protocols, all surfaces will be cleaned every two hours, or as occupancy dictates. All outdoor chairs will be set for appropriate physical distancing and wiped down every 2 hours, or immediately following a guest departure.
- Bike Rentals – Along with our normal cleaning protocols, all surfaces will be disinfected after each use.
- Meetings & Events – Pending guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health. Seating capacities and floor plans to be reviewed on an event by event basis to ensure appropriate physical distancing. Along with our normal cleaning protocols, all conference room doors, tables, chairs, light switches and equipment will be disinfected after each group use.
Guideline / Training / Etiquette Links
- Respiratory etiquette: Cover your cough or sneeze
- Social Distancing
- Employees exhibiting signs and symptoms of COVID-19