We all know that staying home for several weeks can cause some people to need to spread their wings and crave a change in scenery. Here are some tips for taking a trip up north.
- Be respectful of the needs of the locals. Please don’t hoard supplies that leave locals without things they need.
- Bring your own groceries. You guessed it, groceries can be hard to find in bigger cities, so smaller grocery stores up north may not be able to accommodate the influx of grocery needs.
- If you are sick, stay home. This is pretty obvious, but if you have a reservation and are not feeling well, please call the lodge prior to check in.
- Shop if stores are open. The local businesses need your business now more than ever. Thinking about that souvenir or locally made artwork? Go for it!
- Keep to social distancing. First, it’s the current recommendation, but also it can make your stay feel even more secluded than it already is.
- Be aware of medical facilities. No one wants to be sick or injured while on vacation, but with hospitals and clinics pushed to the max, make sure you know where your 1st and 2nd choice in care would be.
- Thank the staff. They really do work hard to ensure you enjoy your stay. So, be sure to say hello and thank you when you see them.
- Share your photos on social media. We LOVE to see your photos of your stay, and we love it when you refer your friends and family to stay with us too!