Whether you teach kids in or out of the classroom, visiting Lake Superior with kids in tow can change the dynamic of the trip into an endless learning opportunity. Here are three ideas to bring learning into your adventure:
- Lake Superior Shipwrecks
- Start in Duluth and watch the ships come into the harbor.
- You can easily google the details of each ship
- Be sure to stand under the lift bridge as it comes back down – always a favorite!
- Visit Split Rock Lighthouse and learn the history of the lighthouse and more about how it helped prevent shipwrecks.
- Visit Tettegouche State Park and participate in activities with the naturalists.
- Make your way up to Grand Marais and visit the North House Folk School and take a course for kids.
Cove Point Lodge is family friendly, and is a great property for families to enjoy the outdoors, with the comfort and convenience of top-notch rustic accommodations including a pool, dining with kid-approved meal options, and close proximity to beaches that are great for rock hunting and throwing. Book now online.